Saturday, August 16, 2014

Three Squares: Cauliflower Alfredo

Don't you just love Saturdays? I've even been off work the last couple days, but I can still feel the magic of a good Saturday. Tomorrow marks one week of Three Squares! I've learned a lot and I'm feeling very proud. Tomorrow morning Marc and I decided to celebrate by getting some Dunkin' Donuts for brunch and go to the beach, it might even become our Sunday morning "thing". There really isn't a better reward then your husband telling you he's proud of you though...which was so nice to hear last night after I spent an hour at the gym. Breakfast was very good. Greek yogurt, blueberries, oats, coconut and raisin bran crunch. Black coffee as normal.

I made lots of black bean burgers today to freeze and save for busier days, or meals for Marc when I'm not home. We ate some for lunch, he took one bite and said "I forgot this wasn't meat for a second", that my friends is deemed a success in my book! I quick pickled some radishes and roasted some sweet and white potato fries on the side. I indulged in a iced coffee with hazelnut for lunch too, I so rarely have creamer in my coffee that even a little made it taste like a delicious coffee milkshake!

For dinner, I made a Cauliflower Alfredo sauce to put on top of some whole wheat penne. I blended some cottage cheese, milk, garlic, nutritional yeast, nutmeg and S&P together and then blended it up with a head of cooked cauliflower! So delicious, and satisfying. I put muenster cheese on top to add some sumptuousness to it, and baked it all up. Kale berry salad on the side. Overall a great day for eats at my house! I saved about 3/4ths of the pasta on this plate to eat with Marc when he gets home. He's been working a lot of 12 to 13 hour days.

Saving some pasta is usually something I wouldn't do. I've thought about it, but even if it is on my plate and something I would have already eaten, I know I would start to obsess about it. You know that old saying about money burning a hole in your pocket? It's kind of like that with me when it comes to food. I decided to today because I'm full right now and I want to keep that mindfulness about how much I'm eating. Today seemed like a mindful day anyway, I did quite a bit of yoga and can't wait to gain a bit more balance and flexibility. Anyway, tomorrow is grocery shopping day (wish my sister was here to do it for me!), have a good night!

No comments: